The gastroscopy clinics will be on the 21st and 31st of January and cost £100 including sedation (and VAT!) – to book your horse in please phone/text us on 07747 771182 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know…?
The only way to definitively diagnose equine gastric ulcers is by gastroscopy…
What are the signs of gastric ulcers?
- Clinical signs of gastric ulcers can vary significantly between horses
- Weight loss or loss of appetite
- Poor body condition or dull coat
- Poor performance or changes in performance
- Behavioral changes or signs of stress
- Girthing pain
- Mild recurrent colic
What is gastroscopy?
- Gastroscopy is the diagnostic test that involves passing a flexible camera up the horses nose, down the esophagus and into the stomach. This allows us to see the inside of the horse’s stomach and look for any signs of ulcers.
- Horses are sedated to reduce anxiety and stress
- It takes around 15 – 20 minutes
- Not painful
What are the advantages of gastroscopy?
- Gastroscopy is the only diagnostic test available that is definitive for equine gastric ulcers.
- Reliable and straightforward test
- Distinguish between squamous and glandular ulcers
- It is important to distinguish between squamous and glandular ulcers as the recommended management and treatment is dependent on the location and severity of the ulcers.
Free use of our new weigh bridge, body condition scoring advice and free dental checks will also be available for those attending.
A report will be emailed to you after your horse has been scoped.
Terms and Conditions:
- £50 deposit payable in advance at time of booking – cash or card only (non-refundable)
- Unfortunately this offer is not available to horses who are currently undergoing treatment for gastric ulcers
- Treatment is not included in the £100
- Horses must be brought to our clinic at Field Farm in Lumby
- For an additional £20 horses can stay overnight the evening before to be starved, but they must be dropped off by 4.30pm on Monday 20th or Thursday 30th January (stabling spaces will be on a first come, first served basis)
- Any dental work required will need to be paid for in addition to the gastroscopy fee