An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly organised, capable and efficient administrator/receptionist for our growing equine veterinary practice based in Lumby, West Yorkshire. We are a rapidly growing team and take pride in putting our clients and their horses first. We aim to provide the highest standard of veterinary care for horses and make sure our clients feel we are putting their needs first. Customer care is at the heart of what we do. If you are cheerful, unflappable and able to multi-task with good equine knowledge and highly developed administrative and organisation skills with excellent attention to detail then we would love to hear from you.
- Assisting reception team with answering the telephone promptly and efficiently and dealing with customer enquiries, including booking appointments.
- Generating and sending customer invoices
- Monitoring and responding to emails
- Manage the customer insurance claims process
- Proactively chasing debts to ensure payment
- Providing assistance to Practice Principal and Office Manager when required
- Processing of BACS payments
- Taking payments from clients over the phone and in person
- Ensuring any messages for vets are passed on and clients are responded to
- Generating prescriptions
- Sending appointment reminders
- Opening incoming mail
- Recording and dealing with client complaints as per the company policy
- Uploading documents to client accounts
- Doing the daily post office run if required
- Assisting with the organisation of client talks and events
- Managing vehicle maintenance and servicing, fuel and insurance
- Organising sponsorship for practice events and for events sponsored by the practice
- Typing up documents
- Performing monthly price comparisons with other practices and mystery shopping
- Keeping good records
- Excellent telephone manner
- Proven experience in an administration position or similar role
- A-levels or equivalent education
- Proficient IT skills including use of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Highly organised with an ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Work to a high standard under your own initiative
- Knowledge of horses and basic horse management
- Knowledge of the local area and geography including the ability to read a map
- You must hold a full clean driving licence and be prepared to use your car for work related use
Salary £18,200, Monday -Friday 9am – 5pm and 1:4 Saturdays.
How to apply
Please email with CV and Covering Letter clearly evidencing your skills and experience against the above job description and specifications to Rachel@ridingsequinevets.co.uk.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 24th January.