The gastroscopy clinic has now been held, but we perform gastroscopy for your horse at any time of the year – to book your horse in please phone/text us on 07747 771182 or email us at email@example.com
Did you know…?
The only way to definitively diagnose equine gastric ulcers is by gastroscopy…
What is gastroscopy?
- Gastroscopy is the diagnostic test that involves passing a flexible camera down the horse’s oesophagus and into the stomach. This allows us to see the inside of the horse’s stomach and look for any signs of ulcers.
- Horses are sedated to reduce anxiety and stress
- It takes around 15 – 20 minutes
- Not painful
What are the advantages of gastroscopy?
- Gastroscopy is the only diagnostic test available that is definitive for equine gastric ulcers.
- Reliable and straightforward test
- Distinguish between squamous and glandular ulcers
- It is important to distinguish between squamous and glandular ulcers as the recommended management and treatment is dependent on the location and severity of the ulcers.
Free use of our new weigh bridge, body condition scoring advice and free dental checks will also be available for those attending.
A report will be emailed to you after your horse has been scoped.
We look forward to hearing from you! Jess x